Wednesday, June 9, 2010

 If
    If freckles were lovely, and day was night,
    And measles were nice and a lie warn't a lie,
    Life would be delight,--
    But things couldn't go right
    For in such a sad plight
    I wouldn't be I.
    If earth was heaven and now was hence,
    And past was present, and false was true,
    There might be some sense
    But I'd be in suspense
    For on such a pretense
    You wouldn't be you.
    If fear was plucky, and globes were square,
    And dirt was cleanly and tears were glee
    Things would seem fair,--
    Yet they'd all despair,
    For if here was there
    We wouldn't be we.
    e.e. cummings

And that's that for "if."
Today marks three weeks since surgery. I'm realizing that although I never planned on getting a job for the summer, many hopefuls out there are still without summer jobs as well. Gotta say I'm glad I haven't had to fret over it like others probably have. Besides, "jobs" have been falling on my lap.

I have the Parker hook-up and the Sunday before my surgery, I was approached by Susan at my church about watching her 9-year-old son from the beginning of July to the beginning of August while her daughter is in Texas visiting her dad. This time frame just so happens to fit neatly between my recovery in June and some lake house vacation time with home friends and camp in August. Divine orchestration without any impulse toward stressing out about it. Divine indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment