Friday, June 4, 2010

And the dogs they run in the good good morning sun

For some reason, I agreed to take care of the Parkers' animals while they're in Colorado for a week visiting one of their seven offspring. I've been working for this elderly pair during breaks pretty much since the summer before I went to college, and they are truly wonderful people. Our relationship has developed to the point of Jack Parker regularly saying, "You busy tomorrow?" "Not really." "Well, come on over. I'll find something for you to do." He finds excuses to pay me. It's pretty sweet. So, I usually take care of their pets whenever they're out of town, but this time I am obviously slightly incapacitated. I agreed to do the job even though I knew my mother would have to drive me over there three times a day, which is fine with her because we're "keeping the money in the family!" But then I realized I have a left foot and decided to give it a shot on the pedals, and it's been working so far. I just don't show mom my techniques...

This is when I tried a foot on each pedal without the brace on...

And this is pretty much all I could do with the brace...

Really, I would probably start laughing if I did get pulled over like this.

In other news, the "puppy" I'm taking care of snatched one of the old dogs' bottle of meds off the sink and ate all of the pills while I was gone between breakfast and lunch yesterday. Luckily, they were just antibiotics and there were only four left in the bottle. Nonetheless, my mom (the driver) and I took the puppy alllll the way to Toano (an hour away, outside of Williamsburg) to get his stomach pumped and to refill Lady's prescription. Now the puppy has his own pills to take for an upset stomach. -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment