Thursday, December 24, 2009

Joy and Misery, Misery and Joy

My precious baby nephew arrived this afternoon as planned, and I've enjoyed a wonderful day spending time with Deb and Jared whilst cuddling with Leo. He is unbelievably adorable in person, but I figured as much.

However, the joy of their arrival was quickly quelled by two unexpected visitors. My cousin Carrie Bell lives next door, and her husband Chris has two brothers. I met one of them last Christmas, I think, and he and his girlfriend were the two unexpected visitors who came up and knocked on our back door. Chris's brother came in frazzled, asking where Chris was. My mother explained about Chris's father being in town (they have different fathers) and Chris probably being at a hotel in Gloucester. So after phonebook searching and various hotel trying, he managed to get in touch with Chris... to tell him that he thought their third brother was dead.

You can read about it here.

As you can imagine, the lot next door to me is having a tough time right now, so I'm writing this post just to simply ask for your prayers for the Bell family. Christmastime will always bring back the memories of this day for them, draining Christmas of its fully intended amount of cheer. But Jesus, of course, is the same Savior he was before. Pray that Chris can keep a firm grasp on that key truth as he mourns.

...and so, yes, loves Leo. Pray for that little guy, too. :D

Thanks for the prayers, and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, that is beyond horrible! I am so sorry for your family but so amazed by your attitude.

    ReplyDelete