Tuesday, May 17, 2011

[Leo] and Zooey

I'm back to painting again. I set up shop on the floor of my room in the Martin house. There probably won't ever be a time when I consider this my house. It's all too temporary. After a year or so, I'll be out of here. Maybe not out of Chattanooga, but out of this house. It's been fun so far, though. I painted with the door to my room slightly cracked open, just so that my music wouldn't interfere with Jared's out in the living room. When Leo got home from daycare, he waddled down the hall straight to my room and peeped through the crack. His face lit up at the sight of me painting (really at the sight of so many bottles of paint to play with), and he pushed the door open to waddle toward me. He handed me his little penguin bath toy, which I took as his way of bartering. "Here, you take this, and I'll take over the painting." He proceeded to point at the painting, looking back and forth from me to the painting and babbling all sorts of nonsense. That I took as him giving me instructions, so I listened. This is as far as I got today. Thank Leo for his eye. It wouldn't be the same without him.

1 comment: