Friday, February 18, 2011

Things of More

I'm feeling that extra super crazy urge to get out of the norm. I want to write a blog post that doesn't really have a topic, and I want it to be as inconclusive as possible. I want to know that things aren't as they seem and that there are more possibilities than we can know.

I want this couple that is walking by in front of me, fighting, to make a drastic turn in conversation and start complimenting each other without warrant -- just because that's not expected or really all that desired by either of them right at this very moment.

I know I'm talking out of my frustration right now, but this is how I cry for help from God. It's not settling to just say, "God, I know you're in control. I will meditate on Jeremiah 29:11 now and let the peace take over." It's much more settling to say, "I know you're in control and that you really have the power to turn everything we think is true on its head. You are the God who has been doubted and hated with more passion than some thought they could muster and yet you love with more passion than we can ever understand. You're the one I meet when I stretch my mind past its boundaries of norms and search for something different and real. You're also the one I meet when I turn my attention to my heart."

My heart inevitably beats to the rhythm of God's plan. I can't thwart anything that he has set.

Here's the settlement. I am unencumbered by trivialities, traditions, norms, expectations, and all other limitations, because when I look beyond them and finally grab onto something more, what I receive is directly put into my hands by God himself, the giver of all good things. Boundless, limitless.

That is the awesome God I need to see before I can unmistakably serve him instead of serving myself. Today is another pretty day, much like days we've seen before, but there's more. I can't see it, but I am ever-reaching for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment