Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ShoutLaughLove For Reals

so much shouting, so much laughter

Looks like it's ShoutLaughLove day! I just wanna give a quick shoutout to Suzannah to say thanks for starting this up. I admire you in all your roles that I've experienced whether in person or through the web.

As for shouting, laughing, and loving, today was full of all that for sure. In a past entry, I mentioned this babysitting job I have for the entire month of July. The Alberts are members of my church, and I've gotten to know the mother of the clan pretty well in the women's Sunday school class. Back in the days I was gimping around church in my massive knee brace, she approached me about watching her almost 9-year-old son Kasper for the month of July while her daughter is in Texas visiting her dad. I agreed to do the job immediately, realizing it'd be a pretty big time commitment with little payoff--not to mention Kasper has a lot of energy. Today was our first ten-hour day together, and it really was a great day. I am grateful to have a sweet boy to get to know and love and pray for this month. I am glad his mother could find someone to watch him so that he didn't have to go to local childcare facilities that really don't treat the kids very well.

Before I left this evening, he wanted me to take a picture of him with my phone, so now, fortunately, you get to enjoy his face. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. thanks, katie! your encouragement is a blessing.

    we miss your face and questions around here here. kasper is a lucky boy to get you full time:) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of all the babysitting times. Happy for Kasper to have the plays times, though!

    word verification: stapt

    as in dont stapt enjoying your summer

    ?

    ReplyDelete