Tuesday, July 27, 2010

22

Mathematically, 22 is a semiprime. As my actual age, it already has a much more exciting description. It gave me the first birthday I can recall really spending any time with Jesus, and I don't mean just at church (since my birthday was on a Sunday). It was raw, and it was real. I felt invited, and I felt loved.

I wrote some posts at the beginning of the summer about how much I didn't want another doubtful summer to bring another faithless and fruitless fall. By the sheer grace of God, I am pretty sure this has been avoided (so far). When Claire and I were visiting with Abby Bates in DC a few weeks ago, she talked about how God is the one who grants anyone (including nonbelievers) the ambition to really do anything and chase big dreams. I thought of how true that has been in my own life. If anything, I see God giving me the ambition for ambition. There's less, "Well, I just don't know what God wants me to do," and more, "I desire to treat each hour's task as a task from God." I finally really truly want to see God change hearts on my campus enough that I will make sure there are many opportunities for that to happen.

Last summer, I was fretting over what to do with my life and all the difficult math classes I had to take. While I still do fret over these things sometimes, I am more concerned with God being glorified not only by *my* activities this year at school but also by everyone else's, including the faces I simply walk past everyday on my way to Real Analysis. What's cool is that I know I'm not alone, and I can't wait to see a united God-given passion for Christ penetrate our little block we call UMW.

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? 
-Micah 6:8

so much shouting, so much laughter

3 comments:

  1. I love you and that you are now a semiprime. I wish I'd known enough last year to know that I was a semiprime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be a semiprime in October. That sounds so much more interesting than 33.

    Lovely post. So glad you are seeing God's grace at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this. praising God for his faithfulness and excited for your next steps this fall.

    here's to 22! hope your birthday was beautiful.

    (my word ver is "achieven" ")

    ReplyDelete