Monday, May 24, 2010

Restless

Yesterday was my battle with restlessness that I knew would come eventually. It didn't help that mom thought I should stay home from church since I'm supposed to be keeping my leg elevated all the time. It was a good call on her part, but it still hit me how I really can't do anything. Consequently, I'd ideally like to pop some percocets and be out for the day, but my family also won't let me become an addict. The nerve. My mother really has been so good about taking care of me not only physically but mentally and emotionally. She knows I don't really enjoy watching TV or reading for very long periods of time, so she went with the only other stationary "activity" I enjoy--conversation. Unfortunately I was too restless to even feel like talking, so I decided I'd be the Grumpy to my mom's Snow White. It wasn't pleasant for her, but she was still very helpful and understanding. I decided bedtime was 8:30 last night, so I scooted myself up the stairs and got into bed. Even though I wasn't tired enough to fall asleep, I still felt so calm right when I laid down. I quickly realized where that calm was coming from and proceeded to have a nice couple of peaceful hours with God before I fell asleep.

"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones." -Proverbs 3: 7-8

"My son, perserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet." -Proverbs 3: 21-24

1 comment:

  1. saying a prayer for you, for healing, strength, and peace. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete