Thursday, January 20, 2011

let's focus on tomorrow instead of right now

This funny thing has happened.

This funny thing where I applied for something and now they want me to interview.

And it's only January. This isn't the January wedding I would have anticipated, but I'm rolling with it in a haze of semi-denial.

Perhaps not denial as much as it hasn't really set in. I'm still going to classes and working and tutoring and playing with friends, and by "still" I mean all of that has just started again for the last time. During winter break, I figured I should start looking for jobs or something. It was another practice in planning a theoretical future, a safe and distant observation of possibilities. Suddenly the ideas, fears, and questions I had not all that long ago are that much closer to being real. Gaps are closing. I'm a hot potato bouncing on my parents' couch, and soon I'll be bouncing out the door instead of settling in for a nice summer's stay. It's exciting. Terrifying. And still a decision away.

It's only an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment