Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby Steps

Taking baby steps would be a big step for me.

That is to say, I should probably consider tak[e]ing them. I was talking to a friend last night about me lacking patience, diligence, and probably other -ences. Then I caught myself in the position of a person who is pointing out some pretty glaring and serious flaws in the most nonchalant of manners, as if I shouldn't care either way... as if God shouldn't care either way. I can fool myself about my own desires, but I surely can't do that with God. And I've most often been opposed to the whole setting goals thing under the excuse that I am not a girl of structure. Well, in this continuing trek of discovering needs over wants, I'm figuring I do need structure--at least to the extent of structuring my life around what God desires out of me. So while I do have a list of things in my head I'd like to get done this semester, I know the most difficult of them will be sticking with sticking with. And sticking with God will put that kick into every baby step along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment