Saturday, November 21, 2009

On a lighter note...

My daddy is preaching at my home church tomorrow. Yes, that dad - the one in the sombrero. This means I will be waking up early, departing from Fredericksburg at 7:30 with my dear friend Katie Matusik in tow, and arriving at Redeeming Grace Baptist Church by 9:30 to attend the Women's Sunday School class at my church led by my grandmother. I just thought now would be a great time to remind myself how blessed I am to have a family that loves me, friends who love me, and most of all, a God who loves me. And no, it's not hard to see how huge these blessings are. I just found an unexpected voicemail on my phone from a friend checking up on me and letting me know how much she loves me. Before that, I got invited by another friend to have a snuggle date tonight. I have a mother who will go to any end to try and bring joy back into my life. I have sisters who crack me up and miss me when we're apart. Despite my mind and despite the depressing blog posts, I have these things, and I know I don't deserve them. But I am so beyond thankful for all of it. And there's still this guy: This is the man I call when I really don't know what else to do with myself. He offers me perspective when I've lost it and answers when I need them and encouragement when I feel empty. Unfortunately, I can't remember the last time I've really thanked him for this, but I figure tomorrow morning is as good a time as any for that. Cuz my daddy's preaching tomorrow!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment