Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lottery Tickets and/= Scientology

At last, I was rescued from my two-day stationary stint since surgery. A friend of mine randomly stopped by my house earlier right as I was about to head to an appointment with my optometrist. As I was stuffing my crutches into the backseat of my sister's car, Amanda pulled into my driveway with her mom and hobbled out of her car to hand me some Reese's and lottery tickets (I won $15 :D) she had just picked up from a gas station down the road. These are "get well" gifts if ever I've received any. Oh and yes, I did say she hobbled. She broke her foot two weeks ago trying to do some complex ballet move... after never having done any other ballet moves in her life before. Yeah, she just does stuff like that.... anyway, she took me to her house after my appointment since I'm past the 48 hours of elevation and ice. After sitting through a delicious dinner seasoned with awkward dinner conversation innuendos, we decided to watch a documentary on Scientology she had just picked up from the library. Which left me more confused about Scientology than I was before watching the DVD. The whole time some narrator guy would kinda sorta explain something... kindasorta, and then he'd go straight into some "Read L. Ron Hubbard's book Scientology: A New Slant on Life" plug. I thought this documentary was supposed to be made for people like me who do not want to read such books (or really, books in general), so I'm not sure I'll ever really know what Scientology is. I guess I can watch that Oprah episode where Tom Cruise jumps all over a couch and electrocutes her to further my education. Eh, whatever. In other news, I'm tired. This is me stopping to go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Umm I'm not sure if this is completely accurate but it's more straightforward than most lame explanations of scientology: http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/what-cos.htm

    Whatever it is, it definitely includes aliens. And it is definitely a bunch of crap because you need to pay loads of money to really learn about it. o__.

    ReplyDelete