Thursday, March 11, 2010

Now

This has been the strangest week of feeling like there's so much to do while still feeling so little demand on my life. I'm still getting midterm grades back, so none of my classes are pressing assignment and test deadlines on me. It's almost like I got an extended spring break in coming back... but it doesn't appear my friends got the same gift, so that takes away some of the excitement.

However, it's been adding to my excitement about God. I had a phone interview for a counselor position at Camp Crestridge yesterday after all of my classes, and it lasted an entire hour and seven minutes. Honestly, it only felt like half an hour. As my interviewer so clearly stated (and restated), the interview was really just a conversation -- a meaningful one in my book. The camp is just another Christian summer camp in a lot of ways, but in the ways that it does stress its differences and in the ways it does take a fresher, more genuine approach to reaching out to kids, I see that those ways are my ways. And in that way, I really do want this "job."

So here's to God not filling my deep desires but rather my most earnest needs, and right now, I need to desire for God and I'm so grateful to really truly have that for at least this hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment